Presenting list of World’s billionaires for 2009. Bill gates is no longer world’s number 1 and the richest man in the world’s honor now goes to Warren Buffet, Bill’s old friend.
1- Warren Buffet now tops the list of world’s billionaires for 2009 with net worth of over $62.0 billion.
2- Carlos Slim Helu & family, a mexican with net worth over $60.0 billion is now ranked 2nd most richest man in the world.
3- Bill William Gates has been dropped down to #3 with a fortune of $58.0 billion.
4- Lakshmi Mittal, a great Indian who took over the steel industry, #1 richest man in Europe and #4th richest man in the world is worth $45 Billion.
5. Mukesh Ambani another Indian, heads petrochemicals giant Reliance Industries is ranked #5th in world’s richest billionaires with over $43 Billion.
6. Anil Ambani, brother of Mukesh Ambani, is the year’s biggest gainer with $23.8 billion in the past year, and is closing gap with estranged brother, Mukesh, who ranks one spot ahead of him in the world at number five.
7. Ingvar Kamprad & family, a self made billionaire, started selling furniture in 1947 is now ranked #7 in the world’s billionaire for 2009 with a net worth of over $31 Billion.
8. KP Singh is now world’s number 1 richest real estate giant, another Indian with a net worth of over $30 Billion.
9. Oleg Deripaska, a 40 year old self made billionaire from Russia who studied at Moscow State University, Plekhanov Academy of Economics. His holding company, Basic Element, now owns Russian Aluminum (UC Rusal), automobile manufacturer GAZ, aircraft manufacturer Aviacor and insurance company Ingosstrakh. He’s worth $28 Billion
10. Karl Albrecht, another self made man who is Germany’s richest man, with his brother, developed their mother’s corner grocery store into discount supermarket giant Aldi, which now has more than 8,000 stores and $67 billion in sales. He’s worth $27 Billion.